- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, September 9, 2011

So much pink! {ok, and a bit of red too!}

Last weekend I made the drive south to Austin.
Just me, my pretty car and my newly downloaded Eli Young Band "Life at Best" album. (it's real good BTW!)

Anyway, the whole reason I went to visit...no, not for a football game this time...gasp!

It was Kayla's very first Baby Shower!

College bestie Kayla, and her husband Fordy are expecting their sweet baby girl - Camby Paige - in just 2 short months. 
When she called me to tell me she was pregnant last spring, I squealed and said..."YAY, and I'm moving back to Texas this summer!" Or actually, I think it was something along the lines of screaming... "YouStopItRightNow!!!"  
And then I told her I felt like I'd be heading back south soon. And truly was still just a feeling at that point.

But good thing I did! 
Or I would have missed this fantastic celebration!

Kayla's sis-in-law Laura and her fellow hostesses sure do know how to throw a lovely shower. It definitely wasn't their first party...Everything was perfectly decorated and perfectly planned and perfectly lovely.



Blue, Red and Pink...all Cambry's nursery colors.

With a table full of all Kayla's favorite foods! Seriously, everything she loves from mini mac & cheese to strawberry shortcake. All right there on the pretty blue and red table.
And there were so many pink presents! Baby Cambry will have so many cutie clothes. And plenty of necessary pink things. She is already so very loved.



But the best part of course, was being in Austin to celebrate with my sweet friend. So much life to catch up on and so much happiness to share. It's good to be home.

And I can. not. wait. to meet lil miss Cambry ohsosoon!


 

1 comment:

  1. yay! thanks for coming friend! Only a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete