- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, May 4, 2012

Big News {Baby Reveal Party}

Round about December, this is how it went down....

An early morning at boot camp...
"I feel seriously nauseous!"
"Bahaaaa, what if you're PREGNANT?!"
"Ohmygosh no I am NOT. Ahhhh! What if I AM?!??
"Hah, you are so not pregnant."

The following day...
"Soooo....??? Did you take the test?!?"

And my literally-just-married-little-sister stood in my bedroom with tears running down her cheeks. She held up her iPhone with a photo of five pregnancy tests lined up. All five positive. There were no words, just tears. Of overwhelming emotion. Shock, happy, terrified, excited...so overwhelmed at the reality.

Good thing I always have words! I grabbed her in the biggest hug ever and squealed...
Eeeeeeee! Don't cry! You're going to be a mommy! And it shall be a little girl! To twirl around with Sloanie!!

I spent the following weeks referring to my sister's baby as "her" and "she." Because naturally Les would have a lil girl to run around with our sassy 4-year-old niece. Duh. I was convinced, girl. No contest.

Fast forward four months to Leslee and Keith's baby gender reveal party.
(for those of you unfamiliar with this concept, nothing fancy...it's just a party. where there is some cutesy way to reveal to family and friends whether the baby will be boy or girl.) 
Dressed head-to-toe in support of team pink all the way. When Keith bit into that cupcake filled with blue icing, my dad threw his hands to the air in victory -  A BOY! And there were cheers all around.

Soooo, what you're saying is....not pink? Whoops!  :)





While maybe this baby boy is on his way a bit earlier than the Marcom's had planned, he sure is a welcomed surprise around here. Such an exciting blessing to our families. And he is already so very very loved. No one is more excited than my little sister. Who is apparently going to be a mommy. Oh my.

Oh gosh. See? Now I'm overwhelmed all over again!

Can't wait to meet Baby M in a few months! But in the meantime, there is much to be done to prepare for his arrival. Let the baby boy planning begin!

Love you much sister! And Keith! Y'all are going to be the most wonderful parents. YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment