- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, October 29, 2012

More car things

Just when I thought I was getting better at being an adult...

A phone call with my Dad. Re: car things.

LJ: Dad! I just put air in my tires.  
Daddy: Okaaaay... 
LJ: Yes. Those weird lights came on again on my dashboard. You know, the scary exclamation one? 
Daddy: Yeah...I remember 
LJ: The ones that came on last time when it got cold? I thought they would go away when it got warmer. But they didn't. So I went to put air in my tires. And I used that lil gauge thing you gave me.  
Daddy: And did you make all the tires the same? 
LJ: Yes! At like 32 or something.  
Daddy: And did the lights go off? 
LJ: No! They didn't. But I shouldn't worry, right? I mean, it's not a big deal?

Dad reassures me that it's not a big deal and hopefully the air will help. Then magically right before I hang up the phone, the lights go off.

Success!

And then I promptly set off my own panic alarm as I get out of the car.

Sigh. Just for a second, I thought I was getting good at car things. But only for a second.


No comments:

Post a Comment