- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Sunday, August 9, 2009

he asked...and she said YES!

So now I do believe that CONGRATULATIONS are in order!


This week Julia, my college sorority sis (and current NYC roomie), and her boyfriend of 1.5 years got engaged. YAYYY!

Seaver told us a few weeks ago that he was making big plans. He of course didn't share any of the details, just that he had a ring and a plan and it was going to be sooner than later. Ohsocoy of him to keep his 'big plan' quite vague. Then last weekend he sneakily mentions that it's going to be Tuesday. Tuesday?! Like, next Tuesday, Seaver?! YES! She's going to be so surprised!

So Tuesday morning we get a mass email -- Tonight is the night! Weeeee! He's proposing on the stoop of our old apartment at 83rd and 3rd. So cute. We'll all gather at Gael Pub around the corner for a surprise celebration afterward. -- OMG, I'm so excited!

So Caroline, Ally, Danielle and I quickly make arrangements for a super-fab post-engagement soiree. Champagne, cards, treats, cameras, check check check! I'd like to note that I'm a terrible secret-keeper. I spent the entire day giddy with excitement, telling everyone that my roommate was getting engaged that night. Alright Seaver, maybe not telling me sooner was a good plan. Well played sir, well played.


I'm so very excited for Julia and Seaver! Happy Happy Engagement friends! And now, let the wedding planning begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment