- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My 50th Post!

It's my 50th blog post! So I wanted to make it special...

...but then the pressure was too much. So I decided to take these random thoughts and make them into a post. You understand, don't you?

"The story of my life? The story of my life won't even get us out of Chicago. I mean, nothing's happened to me yet. That's why I'm going to New York."

~When Harry Met Sally

Storytelling. Reason number 542 that I moved to New York.

"Besides, I'll have lots of good stories if this actually works out. Right?!" Don't get me wrong, I could tell plenty of stories from my 4 years in Austin. But New York for me represented real life. Big kid life. In New York City. A place where so many people go to follow their dreams. In hopes of finding something exciting. And that something exciting will happen to them. So that they have stories to tell.

I can't think of just one New York story that's a perfect example of why I'm in this city. But I do know that I love the stories from not-so-special days that turn into favorites.

Days like last Saturday. Spent brunching at a lovely new spot in Brooklyn right on the water. Walking along the river admiring the view of lower Manhattan from a new perspective. And the Brooklyn Bridge in all it's charm. Photo shoots that capture the picture perfect sunny day. Giggling about nothing and everything all at once.


Because it's the stories of unexpected days like these that make my New York story increasingly more exciting.



1 comment:

  1. :) This makes my heart smile. Giggling about nothing and everything all at once with you girls is one of my favoritest of things! Ever.

    ReplyDelete