- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

In the spirit of kicking off Halloween weekend, roomies Caroline, Julia and I had an impromptu pumpkin party!

There was baking of pumpkin-y treats!
Julia baked pumpkin bread. I baked pumpkin-pie smash. The smells from the oven filled our apartment with pumpkin spicy deliciousness.

There was pumpkin carving!
Julia and Seaver bought a pumpkin and Caro decided that it should probably be a Longhorn pumpkin. So I drew the outline of a Longhorn and Seaver carved it up. A very happy Longhorn Jack-o-Lantern!



And of course there were pumpkin seeds!
Julia dug them all out of the pumpkin goo so we could bake them. Kind of the best part of carving a pumpkin if you ask me.

I love any kind of pumpkin-y treat. I love a night of baking with my roomies. I love the delightful smells that fill our apartment. I love joking and giggling and catching up, because sometimes with our busy schedules we go all week without seeing each other. And we laugh a lot.

Pumpkin Party = Happiness. Happy Halloween! And Go Longhorns!


Oh! And special thanks to Bethany for introducing me to the incredibly addicting Theta Mix. It was a big hit with the roomies + Seaver too. xoxo!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious pumpkin!! And I'm glad y'all loved the yummy mix!! I'm always happy to spread a little Theta Love :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete