- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, October 5, 2009

You might call it weird, I call it quirky - Part deux

The search is over! You might remember my quarter collecting confession from a few months ago. You know, the one about D and P state quarters? And how a quarter fascination is so NOT weird, it's totally normal? Yes, that confession.

Well, I have news about said collection. It is complete! Yay!

Photographic evidence of completion --



Mom & Grandad's collections of D & P quarters for each state. That's right, you're looking at $50 in state quarters neatly placed into these books. As you can imagine, they are quite heavy.


This is my finished book. The map Grandad gave me that began this whole silly fascination. A quarter for each state. Mine is prettier than the books, don't you think? I didn't care if the quarters were D's or P's. I just wanted to fill in my map. It makes me happy.

I think Grandad would be just as happy as Mom and I that these are finished. But now that they're done, does it mean I stop shifting through my quarters at the laundry mat? Hah, I don't know, it might be a habit I never break.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know there's a Guam quarter?!!! I just found it! Yessss...

    ReplyDelete