- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, September 25, 2009

Texas Bound...Again!

In the true spirit of spontaneity, I am headed back to Texas this weekend.

I know, I know, I was just there. So how can I possibly be this excited to return? Texas is always magical. Even when I get to visit twice in one month - which NEVER happens btw. Yay!

Jamie has a client conference in Dallas. --> She claims a long weekend is necessary so she can experience first hand what this "Talk about Texas" is really all about. --> Last minute AA.com sale on weekend flights. --> Decide if we're doing this, we're doing it right. ATX included. --> Quickly text friends in ATX and email Mom begging to borrow car. --> Done! --> Flights booked, we're Texas Bound!

So in a matter of a few hours, I had planned my next trip to Texas...after just returning from Labor Day weekend! Yes!

Jamie and I have big plans involving, but not limited to. . . .
  • Road tripping from Big D to ATX
  • Longhorn tailgating with BFF Kayla and the rest of Bigham's (who I miss ohsomuch on game days!)
  • Exploration of campus, the Capital and the UT Co-op because I can't let her leave without purchasing something burnt orange
  • My fave Mexican food spots + mexican martini's.
  • Downtown!

There shall be sunshine and Chick-fil-a and Target and general Austin fantastic-ness. And mostly, I just can't wait to share Texas with my Georgia friend! She's going to love it.

The Texas playlists have been created, the warm weather clothes + sandals have been packed. And tomorrow we'll be Southbound 35 to Austin.

Couldn't. Be. Happier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment