- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, September 21, 2009

I. Loved. The. Emmy's.

NPH as host + Singing + Dancing + Sarcasm + all my fave TV stars + Pretty Dresses = Happiness


I don't know about you, but I was highly entertained throughout the entire 5 hours I spent in front of the TV last night watching the Emmy's. Yes, of course I watch the red carpet pre-show. Fashion is absolutely one of the best parts of award shows!

Me and roomie Caroline ordered in dinner and happily settled in front of the TV to discuss our thoughts on the best and worst dresses. (sidenote: we are confused as to how Nini from Bravo's Real Housewives got a gig as a fashion consultant for E! who decided she should stand up there with Jay and give her [bad] opinions?)

Yay's for Julia Louise Dreyfus, Kate Walsh, Dana Delany, Drew Barrymore, Blake Lively (minus the braid!). Ehhh's for Kyra Sedgwick, Mila Kunis, Leighton Meester, Jennifer Love Hewitt.

And after then came Neil Patrick Harris! He was simply fantastic. So funny. And charming. And entertaining! NPH, I heart you. You stole (and saved!) the show.






Second to the host, I also really loved Kristin Chenoweth, who was genuinely surprised and happy with her Best Supporting Actress win for Pushing Daisies. Even though she was clearly overwhelmed by the moment, she was absolutely adorable. "Now that I'm unemployed, I'd like to be on Mad Men. I also like The Office and 24." She's so cute! Someone please write a part for her stat!

And thirdly, Ricky Gervais. He was effortlessly hilarious. So I'll leave you with this LOL clip of the presentation for the Best Variety Show Emmy by Sir Gervais himself. If you don't actually LOL, we can no longer be friends. It's that funny.

The 2010 Emmy's sure have their work cut out for them to top last night's show. No pressure!



No comments:

Post a Comment