- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Texas Style

Diary of A Lovely Labor Day weekend. Texas-style.

I forget that being at home always = a jam-packed schedule full of running around seeing as many people as I can before I have to leave again. It's rarely relaxing. And rarely uneventful. I wouldn't have it any other way.


"Where's Aunt La La?"

I spent as much time as possible with lil miss Sloan. There are no words for her cutie-ness. I mean, really, she's a doll. Right? I love that she calls the swing a "weeee!" and how every word sounds like it's in fast-forward. L-O-V-E.


"Because she's a freak."
Mom, upon reviewing the color-coded monthly budget spreadsheet that I created to track my finances. Funny that the conversation ended with, "The formulas are all built in, huh? Why don't you send that to me?" Echoed by Les, "You can send it to me too." Some day they will appreciate my love for color coordination and managing numbers.

"I'm just sayin'..."
Les expressed her EXTREME dislike of this phrase that Mom and I both use -- "What does that even mean? 'you're just sayin'...' what? What are you just saying? And why are you 'sayin'?' It doesn't make any sense! Every time you use that phrase I'm going to ask you what exactly it is that you're saying!"


"No, the directions say NOT to do that."
Dad and Keith trying to install the new dishwasher. While Mom reads the instructions out loud. Word. For. Word. Hilariousness. They really did a good job given the slant of the hardwood floor and shortcomings of the water pipe. And from an observation perspective, hilarious. For future reference, I will always pay the $150 professional install fee to avoid the trouble. I am my mother's daughter. I will always be right and things will always be done my way. At least I know this.


"Hey, you're driving home, ok?"
Ummmm, what?!? Hey, remember that I DON'T drive? Especially not at questionably late hours after a night out in uptown. Lucky for us, I picked it right up like a pro. Leslee and Keith can attest to that. BAHAHAHA!


"Sydney, let's go get the mail."
This dog literally spins in circles at the front door until Dad walks over with the mail key. She will also whine at you until you acknowledge her presence and pick up her toy. Bratty brat. Good thing she's cute!


Tweet Tweet
@Les2013: Shopping with @laurenj27. She browses, I glance. We'll make this work!
@laurenj27: Just did some serious Labor Day sale damage at Gap with @Les2013! We are really quite good at rationalizing our purchases.

And those Texas things I won't ever get enough of...Daddy's homemade gravy & biscuits for breakfast. Sloan's laugh. Leslee acting put out that I'm in her space, but secretly welcoming the comfort of my bedroom light because she gets a lil scared of the dark. Mom falling asleep on the couch after insisting that we watch her show on DVR. Afternoons catching up with my grown up cousins. Keith & Shane's exchanges of "see ya silly."

Oh Texas, I miss you already!

1 comment:

  1. oh how I wish we all had time for more weekends like that! miss you already cous!

    ReplyDelete