- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, January 14, 2010

blessed

meet my cousin. mackenzie.
and casey. mackenzie's sister, ashley's husband. (follow that?)

mackenzie is my youngest cousin. she is in her freshman year at the university of central arkansas. she's on the track team. and she sings. she sings really well.

i forgot this of course. i forgot how pretty her voice was. i forgot how lovely she sounded when she sang at ashley and casey's wedding. i guess, well i guess i just forgot how talented my lil cousin was. and that she's not so lil anymore! (sidenote: ashley and my aunt cyndi also sing quite well themselves. these are some talented ladies!)

while she was home in texas over the holidays, mac sang "my redeemer lives" at her church accompanied by casey on the guitar. she posted it to facebook yesterday and i played it no less than 3 times. it brought tears to my eyes.

although i've heard this song about a million times, there is something so innocently truthful about the words coming from my cousin. i found myself caught up in how powerful and real and hopeful she sounded as she sang.

so simple, so raw, so very uplifting. and such a beautiful reminder that my redeemer does live.





thanks for letting me blog about you mackenzie! :) lots of love!

1 comment:

  1. you are so sweet to share this on your blog... I know it will mean the world to Kenz! Hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete