- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dallas! {the premiere party}

By some weird stroke of events at work, I ended up with 2 tickets to the TNT premiere of Dallas a few weeks ago. Like, the red carpet and celebrities premiere. Like, ball gowns and photographers and sparkles premiere.


At 4pm, I grabbed co-worker April - we had been talking about this alleged premiere earlier in the day - talked her into joining me for a necessary night-o-fun, and we were off to the opera house with the rest of Dallas' film crowd.

Some things I learned about Dallas {that I maybe should have already known?}
  • When in doubt, shoulda made time to throw on a cocktail dress after work...
  • ...And the highest heels I own
  • ...And probably tons more make-up
  • Meep?
  • A red carpet in Dallas is 20x more friendly than a red carpet in NYC - someone was even nice enough to take our picture while making their way through the crowd
  • The Windspear Opera House is surprisingly super classy with a great view of the city
  • The stars of the original Dallas are like hometown heros around here
  • Dallas-ites are all kinds of over the top in love with Dallas-y things
  • Confession: so am I


If you haven't started watching the new Dallas yet, I highly recommend. And not just because I live here. Or because I went to the premiere. Or because Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe are so pretty. Well. Maybe because they are pretty...

But seriously, it's my new summer favorite. I'm kinda considering watching the original from the beginning. That's how hooked I am.   :)

Well done TNT! You threw quite the premiere party, Dallas style.


1 comment:

  1. How fun! Goodness Josh Henderson looks much better without that silly facial hair he has on the show! yuck!

    ReplyDelete