- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Deleted Scenes Part 2

Walking through Union Square on Friday night with 2 friends...

Random Guy from Jersey: Excuse me ladies. My friend and I were just on our way back to the PATH train. And because there's no way we're going to follow you wherever you're going tonight, I thought I'd just stop you.

Blank stares all around from us.

Jersey: You're all cute, but I have a thing for blondes and your friend is pretty. And I was hoping to flirt with her a little bit. Would that be ok with you? If I flirted with her? Is she cool? Does she have a boyfriend?

Friend Julia, visiting from South Carolina: Giggling. Umm...I...or...yes...she's...cool.

Jersey: Ok great, I promise I won't keep her long. (to me) Your name?

LJ: I'm Lauren.

Jersey: Do you have an amazing personality that goes with that amazing smile?

LJ: Um, I like to think so. (???)

Jersey: So you're going to give me your phone number and I'll call you right now so that you have my number. And I'll give you a call this weekend, we'll hang out. Where are you from Lauren?

LJ: I live in the city. But I grew up in Texas.

Jersey: Really, Texas? You don't even have an accent. So. Your number?


Yes. That. Happened.

1 comment: