- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

LGA Bound

The following takes place at the American Airlines ticket counter -- DFW International Airport --

LJ: Hi there!

Nicest AA Attendant of All Time: (smiling, in reference to my entire family now standing at the ticketing desk with me) Are they sending you back home?

LJ: Haha, oh yes. Mom always hates it when I leave.

Mom: Well, I just don't know when she'll be back!

NAAAofAT: Oh, are you Mom? Yes, I know how you feel!

LJ: (lifting huge suitcase onto scale w/help from Les) This one is going to be real heavy.

NAAAofAT: (as the scale registers 61 lbs) Uh oh...You want to reorganize? Ok, take out your jeans, those are about 5 lbs a piece. What else do you have in there?

LJ: (repacking suitcases at the check-in counter. awesome.) Oh I just have so much more stuff to take back, I didn't do very good packing this year!

Mom: She got a new coat...

LJ: And 2 new pairs of boots...

Dad: Well, it's Christmas...

NAAAofAT: Yes, it's that time of year. Let's try it now.

Les: (lifting again) Yikes. 57 lbs. Is that right?

LJ: Ugh. Ok, see if my coat will fit in that small one. This is so annoying! Let's see how this is.

Mom: Well, I can just ship some things to you if it's still too heavy!

NAAAofAT: Well we're taking it no matter what it weighs.

Les: (lifting once more) 54 lbs.

NAAAofAT: Don't worry Honey, I won't let you go home without your Christmas presents!

LJ: Really?? Oh! Thank you so much!!!

NAAAofAT: You're very welcome. Have a safe trip and come back to see them soon.

What a pleasant public suitcase repacking experience!

Love her, Nicest AA Attendant of All Time.
Love Texas. Love my Dad, Mom and sweet sister.
I miss you already!

3 comments:

  1. This entire thing makes me giggle... but I like that my biggest reaction was, "WAIT! She got TWO new pairs of boots??! AND I HAVEN'T SEEN EITHER??!!"

    Please fix this. Immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my return trip to New York EVERY TIME... (minus the sweet airport attendant) I usually break a sweat repacking while my Dad says "we'll just pay" and my Mom is whispering "I'll send a box". bahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll confess. I usually go the shipping route. mostly because I'm too lazy to carry the bags myself. So I commend you for carrying 54, 57 or 61 (!) pounds of suitcase to and fro the cab line.

    ReplyDelete