- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, September 13, 2010

Blissfully Happy

"I am blissfully happy right now. Is that a thing?"


I had such the lovely 4-day Labor Day holiday weekend. Filled with sunshine, Longhorn football, running in Riverside Park, karaoke, a very successful visit to Jersey Target, Eat Pray Love, and lots of much needed time with my friends.

Oh! And Michelle came to visit! We did brunch at 44 & X. To which Michelle texted..."Where are we meeting??" My response...."44th and um...10th" Hence the name, 44 & X. Crazy, I know.



We ended the last official weekend of summer with one more beachy day. And it was the perfect beachy day. Perfect weather. Perfect company. Perfectly perfect.

Ok...not totally perfect. In true form, I completely overslept my alarm. By an hour. Angie and Susan were calling / texting / ringing the buzzer at 9A. I heard nothing. Oops. When I finally did answer my phone...

LJ (disoriented, but still happy): Hi!
Angie: Lauren Johnson! Get down here right now! Beach! Susan is picking us up in 5 minutes.
LJ: K. I need 10....

I am impossible.

Approximately 10 minutes later I hopped downstairs into a car full of friends. Who immediately greeted me with a collective "FAIIIIIIIIIIL."

So aside from that lil early morning setback, we had quite the successful beachy day. There was no traffic getting out to Robert Moses state park. We were laid out on the beach by 11:15am. And I was blissfully happy.


I especially enjoyed riding in a car full of girls, westbound on the Long Island Expressway, windows down, radio up, singing at the top of our lungs. We continued into the city...

"Because when do you ever get to drive through the streets of Manhattan rockin' out to Taylor Swift?!"

Exactly, Susan, exactly.

Also. This conversation with Angie happened. It stemmed from a discussion about Eat Pray Love. And it was hilarious.

So long summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me look dumb to the whole bloggy universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA love you miche!!!

    ReplyDelete