- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, September 27, 2010

We're going...where?

Umm...so...what exactly might one wear to a rap concert? I suppose cowboy boots are inappropriate? Or anything floral? And I guess twirling probably wouldn't be acceptable?

Of course these are the questions that we got hung up on as soon as Bethany and I realized what we had gotten ourselves into. I'm a Texas girl and I grew up on country music, cowboys and slow southern twang. That's the music I love best and those are the concerts I attend most often. Rocking the cowboy boots always.

But about 2 weeks ago, me and B attended our first ever rap concert. Jay Z and Eminem. At Yankee Stadium. The first ever concert in the new stadium. And ohhhhh, how shall I put this? It. Was. Epic.


Obviously we were completely out of our concert comfort zone. We know exactly what to expect from Pat Green, Reckless Kelly, Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift. Those are our people. But Jay Z? Eminem? This was unknown territory. Does the crowd sing along? Do we even know enough of their songs to sing along? Wait, is it even possible to sing along to rap? Hmmm.

Well here's the thing about rap concerts. Or maybe it was just because it was Eminem and Jay Z in concert. Regardless. You don't have to sing along. No need. The energy is contagious. Everyone stands.

These guys are awesome.



Eminem. Back in action.


Oh and he brought 50 Cent.


And Dr. Dre. No big deal.


Then it was time for Jay Z. He is the most awesome.
Jay Z brought Kayne (who I regrettably have no pics of). Who rocked his red suit from the VMA's 2 nights before. He might love himself lots and might have been real mean to T-Swift, but he is a dang good performer.


Then Mary J!! Who is quite fantastic herself.


And surprise! Beyonce! In a sparkly sparkly dress. Eeee!


Dear Jay, you rocked Yankee Stadium. And I loved it.


For my very first ever rap concert, Eminem + Jay Z + all kinds of incredible special guests = really really really awesome. Even if there weren't cowboy boots involved.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for Kanye to bring out T-Swizzle... but whatevs. :)

    ReplyDelete