- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, December 31, 2010

Ice Ice

In Texas, snow is rare. Actually, any kind of cold weather is quite rare.

This is according to me of course. To me, 45 degrees at Christmastime is nice. It's much nicer than highs of 30 degrees that I left behind in New York. But ask any other Texans, they'll tell you how very very cold 45 degrees is. Hah!

Luckily, we have the Ice Show at the Gaylord Texan Hotel for a lil cold and festive holiday fun! My cousin Ashley and her husband were taking their little boy to see it, so we all tagged along.

This year the theme was "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown." The entire exhibit is carved from huge blocks of ice. I must admit, it was pretty cool. We had so much fun. And there were ice slides! Ice slides! Wee!

Please don't judge the following:
a) Our puffy blue parkas. It was 9 degrees in there! 9 degrees + ice slide = super cool blue parka
b) My dad's hat. It was Grandad's. He found it in the coat closet. HAHAHA


No comments:

Post a Comment