- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Les is finally visiting NYC!

It's been about 2 years since my lil sis has been to New York. She came up with my mom during her Spring Break. It was her first and only visit to the City. It was also Ice Storm '07. A miserable, wintry mix, freezing, horrible weather weekend. And she was only 20 - obviously ice storm + mom + being underage limits the true NYC experience. So I pretty much demanded that she come back this year during her Grad School Spring Break. (you know, just in case I didn't find a job and had to leave in June)

She's mostly terrified about taking a cab from LGA to my apartment. "Where do I go? What do I say ? What if they take me somewhere I don't want to go? And I don't know where I am? And what if they attack me?!" Seriously?! Hundreds of people take cabs every single day as their primary source of transportation. While letting someone else drive you around might not be natural to you, I think you will be fine on the 20 minute ride to the Upper East Side. Just sayin'...

Despite her ridiculous freak-outs about all things 'grown-up' - like connecting flights, getting your bags, taking a cab by yourself, etc. I'm really really looking forward to her visit! And am incredibly pumped to share all the New Yorky things I love about this city with her! :)

Top 10 Reasons I'm ohsoexcited for this weekend:

10. I haven't seen Leslee since Christmas.

9. I get a full 4-day weekend to hang out around the City. And a good excuse to go to DUMBO and eat at Grimaldi's. Best. Pizza. Ever.

8. She asked if we would be able to go running while she's here. HAH! She can. I'll wait for her at home.

7. I want Les to love New York as much as I do. Not the "it's a great place to visit, but I could never live there" kind of love. More like the "this city is fantastic, I can't believe you live here" kind.

6. She has better fashion sense than I do. So our shopping trips are bound to be successful. And she'll provide her honest opinion of whatever I'm trying on. Extra points.

5. She will be sure that we eat appropriately. But we're also guaranteed to put away a bottle of wine in one evening.

4. I'm 90% sure that I can get her to sing karaoke with me.

3. Because even when we argue about the silliest things, it's entertaining. And we're bound to get into some kind of trouble. We always do. (i.e. Les' graduation party last May. Insanity.)

2. Les doesn't really 'do' touristy. My favorite kind of visitor.

1. She's hilarious. And random. And we laugh a lot. And I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment