- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, March 20, 2009

Sometimes Moving on Starts with Goodbye

I used to think I liked change. Because I get bored. I'm usually quite willing to switch things up, keep things interesting.

But I have realized over these past few months that there are different kinds of change. The kind that you seek out, make happen, the kind you desire. And there's the kind of change that you can't control. The kind that is forced and you somehow find yourself making a decision you never wanted to make in the first place.

So even though I like change, I am also a self-proclaimed control freak. And I've learned that I don't really care for the kind of changes that I can't control. Yes, I'm definitely much happier making career-changing decisions for myself instead of having them made for me. Crazy the way that works, huh?

So while I never wanted to leave the job that I've loved for the past few years, my co-workers, my friends, the comfort of my familiar office....I am embracing this change with optimism and excitement of new opportunity. I might be feeling a bit overly nostalgic for the old days, I know that no team will ever compare to the dynamic of our group. But mostly, it's just hard to believe that this is the end of our era. I can't help but feel quite lucky that I've had this experience and that this goodbye really is bittersweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment