- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, March 2, 2009

Ohmigod you guys!

It's officially official...Angie has made the shortlist of top 50 finalists for The Best Job in the World!

Apparently the folks in Queensland are fans of travel addicts. I'm just sayin...

Angie: (answering LJ's phone call at promptly at 7:15pm) HELLOOOOO
LJ: (on speakerphone for added dramatic effect) Ohmigod, ohmigod, ohmigod!!!
incomprehensible high-pitched screaming from both sides
Angie: I thought I didn't make it! All I saw were question marks and I didn't see my name when I clicked on the United States...
LJ: (jumping up and down, squealing) Ohmigod Ang! Can you believe it?! I'm SO excited!!
Angie: I mean, I was prepared to not make it. I think you knew before I knew. I literally saw my name and the phone started ringing.
LJ: Bahahaha, this is unbelievable!
Angie: Ohmigod, I have to go call my mom, I'll call ya later.
click

And this is how it begins. For the next 21 days Angie will be campaigning to convince Queensland Tourism and voters worldwide that she's the best gal for the job. (which she is, duh!) Queensland will select the top 10 applicants for the next round at the end of March, but there is one Wild Card spot. The spot that you can all vote for!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it (and of course you will accept), is to visit www.islandreefjob.com/Angie and submit your Wild Card vote immediately for Angie to be fan favorite!

Stay tuned for more Big Apple Angie's Quest for Queensland updates. It's sure to be an exciting adventure!

CONGRATS ANGIE!

And um, does this mean that we'll be making a return visit to Matt, Meredith and Al at the Today Show? :)

1 comment:

  1. pretty sure i didn't know you had a blog...where have i been?!? i'm adding you to mine! yay!!

    ReplyDelete