- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So you're sisters?

Ok, ok, I know that everyone is just dying to know every detail of our "Les & Lauren take on NYC" weekend adventure.

Honestly, we had so much fun and there were so many hilarious stories that I couldn't seem to focus enough today to put everything in writing. Lucky for me, Leslee beat me to it! :)

Please enjoy this blog post courtesy of Lil Les. (my commentary in italics) Sent to Me, Angie, Bethany and Jamie via Facebook message around 5:30pm this afternoon.

THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM MY VISIT IN NY:

1. Martini's from Uptown = deliciously dangerous

2. Spending less than $100 at H&M has never happened to me.
I like to consider this 'successful shopping'

3. NY is the best place to people watch and eavesdrop.

4. Brunch is the best in NY.

5. Vintage clothing is fun even when the salespeople are not!
And trying-on said vintage clothing in secret downstairs Sample Sales -- where there are no dressing rooms and boys are present -- makes for creative clothes changing choices

6. Waiting over an hour for dinner is usually worth the wait!
Definitely! As evidenced by West Village spot Extra Virgin and their Gorgonzola Fondue Fries. (Shout out to JMart for the fab recommendation!)

7. My "comfortable" black boots are not so "comfortable" in NY.

8. Guys and Dolls was amazing!
"What is it with you Dolls? You finally find a Guy you like and the first thing you do is take him in for alterations."

9. Van like the truck or Van like the shoes? We'll never know...
This requires several amendments --

9a.
At prohibition-style Speakeasy in the Lower East Side, The Back Room, (or was it the Back Door?!), where we drank from tea cups and saucers. You know, because in the case of a police bust, our vodka could totally be disguised as tea...



9b. Van (like the truck) quite awkwardly invited us to a secret bar at the Thompson Hotel. Ummmm....


9c. We may or may not have been crashing Sandra's birthday bash. So, Happy Birthday Sandra!!...question mark?? Or wait, maybe her name was Sarah?

9d. This Happened.
Guy:
Your shoes win the Carrie Bradshaw Shoe Award of the night. (in reference to my pink & black booties that Les was rockin' with her "New York Trendy" look)
Les: Thanks! Aren't they great? They're actually my sister's shoes...
Guy: Alright, then your sister wins the Carrie Bradshaw Shoe Award of the night. And I'm from Harlem. So I know style.


10. Fuerzabruta is by far the craziest thing I have ever seen.
Out. Rageous.

11.
Yoga to the People is awesome and I would go daily if I lived there.

12. Following someone on twitter means you "know" them. [I was confused between the words "know" and "stalk"]
...just silence from me...

13. Always have a camera just in case you see something with blog potential.
An hour brunch convo with Bethany was dedicated to our love of blogging. B and I are the newest to the blogosphere and we have no shame in admitting our obsession for quality blog posts and Google Analytics. We have taught you well Les!


14. Tweet, tweet, tweet....Twitter and Blogging are obviously necessary!
We may just make a blogger of you yet Les! See how great this post is turning out? You can now follow her on Twitter @Les2013!

15. Besides family, there is nothing more important than true friends who you can count on!
Thanks Bethany, Angie, and Jamie for being my sister's family in NY!!

For John Mayer:
My story in 6 words --
Home isn't home without you there! : )
John Mayer asked his Twitter followers to tweet their stories in 6 words. We were trying to come up with ours last night. I think this says it best.

I had soooo much fun!! Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message was of course immediately followed by a round of emails between JMart, B, Ange and myself raving about how incredibly precious Leslee is.

She also learned that people stare at us. She claims they are trying to figure out if we are twins. I honestly didn't notice until she pointed it out, but maybe it's because we're cute?

Or because we were arguing about how 40 minutes does not ever round up to 45 minutes which would round up to 1 hour. 40 minutes clearly rounds down to 30 minutes. Whatever, so I exaggerate. Or perhaps we were arguing about how I'm constantly on my phone. What like that's annoying? I can't imagine why...besides, I can't help it! And being quirky isn't such a bad thing, is it? Didn't we decide that quirky was cute?

Her thoughts -- "What are you going to do when you are in a relationship?! You will be forced to put your phone down and you won't be able to be on the computer while you're watching your shows. You're annoying. And rude."

Please re-read that for accuracy. And share your thoughts. I guess I can always count on her honesty. Hah!

So there you have it! Lil Les' very first bloggy post. Well done, no? We had a fantastic weekend filled with lots of giggling and lots of delicious food. I think it was a much-needed break from her crazy busy Grad School life. (have I mentioned that my sis is in a 5 year PHD Psychology program? yeah, she's insane. and I'm ohsoproud of her!)

And in the end, I think she definitely loves the New York that I love! <3

5 comments:

  1. If I recall correctly, I said "THAT'S annoying. And rude." And I say all of this with love : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i steal your john mayer story for my home quote of the day for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! love the @laurenj27 sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, of course you can use it Maria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back Room!!!!!! I'm so jealous can you go back but with me?!

    ReplyDelete