- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One Year Already?!?

Yes, it's true. Big news.
This weekend marks the one year anniversary of La La La Lauren!
Hooray!

And in true nerdy fashion, I decided to take a quick look at my Google Analytics for the entire year. Wow! No shame in admitting my love for the numbers and details. But really, you'd be surprised at how incredibly fascinating this info is. So naturally, I must share some fun facts!

In the past year, La La La Lauren has had 3,840 total site visits. From 43 different countries! Including - Estonia, Isle of Man and Sri Lanka.

I have regular readers in Canada and the UK. I can see that someone in Kuwait scrolled through 31 different posts in just one 3-minute visit, the most of all the countries.

In the past year, I've had visits from 45 states in the US. New York leads with 1,282 visits. Followed by Texas of course, with 988. I also have a lot of regular readers in Florida and Georgia. Because that's where established blogger besties Angie and Jamie are from.

In New York, most readers are from NYC and surrounding boroughs, 25 cities in total. I've had readers from 56 different cities in Texas, 483 from my home town of Coppell.

Most readers get here directly - either with bookmarks or typing in the address. But a lot of traffic comes from my blogger friends. 360 hits this year from Big Apple Angie. 348 from Lulled by the Train. 206 from Painting the Town Pink. And believe it or not, 385 from iGoogle / Google Reader. So thanks to my Google buddies who still click through!

I find the Google keyword searches to be the most amusing. Most are some form of "la la la lauren." And there are a whole lot of "flirtexting" phrases. Please allow me to share a few of my fave search terms --
"what does oh lala mean in text message"
"why won't lauren fly to ny"

"put your mind to it go for it get down and break a sweat video" - HAH! ohhhh, Zach Morris!
"lauren love nerd pass" - huh??
"cute sayings to ask someone to a dance by carving a pumpkin"
"club worship stripper showboat"
- pretty sure they DIDN'T find what they were looking for here!
"longhorn pumpkin pattern"
"flirty witty banter"
"rules for texting wait boy"
"bethany doherty" - so...I did mention that we are NOT the same, right?

My most read post = "Ohmigod you guys!" A post about BFF Angie and her quest to become the Island Caretaker in Australia. (Wow, was that a full year ago?!?)

The most visits I've had in one day was on March 3rd. And it was the day Angie linked to my "Ohmigod you guys!" post. She's a popular gal! And our "Home." Blog Carnival on November 9th brought the second highest visits in one day. Clearly links from other blogs = more visits. Imagine that.

Oh, and I can even tell if you read from a computer or your phone. 51 visits via iPhone this year. Cool. And 1 visit from a Danger Hiptop in NYC. What's a Danger Hiptop?

Pretty crazy that Google can tell me all of this, right? I can tell how long everyone stays, how many pages they read at a time, if they come back. Again, nerd. I know. And I love it.

Happy One Year Anniversary to my bloggy! Thanks for reading this year, I've really loved writing. And if you're new, stick around. Sometimes I'm funny. And I'm smart too.

xoxo!

4 comments:

  1. 1. Happy Bloggy-versary!!
    2. "Bethany Doherty" .... wait. REALLY?! Bhahaha, I'll take it.
    3. Love all the flirty/texty references. So. True.
    4. You ARE smart too.
    5. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked how many people got to your blog by searching random crap! club worship stripper showboat is the best. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. club worship stripper showboat... hahahahahahahahahahahaha. love it! happy blogging, la la la lauren! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, what was the answer to this:
    "cute sayings to ask someone to a dance by carving a pumpkin"

    and/or did someone ask you to a dance via pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete