- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Surprises!

Things I love about living so far from home -- Surprises!

Ok, I won't lie, there are lots of things I hate about living real far away from my family. Especially during holidays when I can't be there with them. It's kinda tough. Les even sent me this message -- "Are you surprising us and coming home for Easter this weekend?!?!" Sigh. Oh how I wish I was!

But last week (arguably one of the stressiest work weeks in my big girl career), I came back to my desk after a loooong meeting to find a surprise package from Texas waiting for me! An Easter surprise package! Addressed to me in Daddy's careful handwriting.

It didn't matter that it was 3:30pm and I hadn't had time for lunch yet. I couldn't wait even 2 seconds before immediately ripping the box open.


Look, look! Liberty of London rain boots! Pink and flowery! Just like me! And I adore them!

I mean, what could possibly be better than an Easter basket box of treats from home?! Pretty pretty rain boots, plastic Easter eggs filled with yummy Cadbury creme eggs, Dove dark chocolates and truffles, sweet notes and a pink iTunes gift card! Well that's just enough to make me smile even on the stressiest of stressy days!

I love my parents. Lots. And I miss them terribly. But I love how surprises like this one makes them feel so much closer than they really are.

Happy Easter! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment