- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, January 7, 2011

Tales From Far Far Away

This week Suva, Fiji popped up on my bloggy Google Analytics. I smiled, because I knew just who it was in Fiji that was checking in. Angie. My Round-the-World traveler friend.

And it occurred to me that she really was halfway around the world. Literally.

Right up until her departure from Hawaii last week, I continuously asked her if she was SURE she wanted to do this. To this her response was "Well...I'm already halfway around the world. So I guess I'll keep going." Oh fine.

I had a chance to chat with her quickly last night.

I won't give too much away, because I know she'll have lots to say in her own bloggy recount of her Fijian adventures. But I just can't help but share this lil piece of our conversation with you. Partially because I miss her and want her to know this. But mostly because it's kind of hilarious --
Angie: I nearly got bonked in the head by falling coconuts today

LJ: hahahahaha. you so would have that happen to you.

Angie: I also accidentally drank bugs
and a gecko scared the bejeesus out of me on my bed

LJ: you have a shacker!

Angie: yes, a lizard shacker

LJ: did you scream?

Angie: I sure did
and I ate goat
so, it's been pretty cultural so far
Cultural. Yes. I'd say that's how you can best describe Fiji.

If you're not already, I suggest you follow Angie on her round-the-world journeys. She's highly entertaining. And only slightly crazy.


1 comment: