- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a list

of nothing in particular.

1. it is far too cold in nyc to do anything right now. it's a biting, painful, miserable cold. and it's been confirmed by someone important that this is indeed the coldest new york winter in about 6 years. neat, huh?

2. latest obsession: garrett hedlund in Country Strong. that's right, i said it. talk about one good looking boy, rockin' a cowboy hat, playing a guitar, and his voice? oh my.



3. loving the amount of time i've been to spending with my fab and ohsotalented roomies lately. have i mentioned how great they are? linds designs pretty clothes and hannah designs pretty spaces like this one. they are pretty neat gals. and i'm happy they're my roomies.

4. only 3 more movies on my "movies-to-see-before-the-oscars" list. i like movies, don't judge. and let's be real, it's been too cold for much else this month. next up: True Grit.

5. i'm also totally loving everything happening at hillsong nyc (my new church) right now. it's good for my soul.

6. i'm off to texas on thursday to play maid of honor with my sister, the bride. and i'm pretty excited about it. of course, this week's winter storm is threatening my travel plans. fingers crossed for no cancellations. or i will be a very sad girl.

7. the longhorn bball team is kicking butt and taking names this season. i like this.

8. i don't think i've taken off my infinity scarf(ves) since i got them for christmas. good thing i have two.

9. monday night bible study is back in full swing at 9a. and it's better than ever. and followed by brad the bachelor in his 2nd nationally televised search for love. monday nights are good i tell ya.

10. oh, and daddy texted me last week to watch this Thompson Square music video for new song "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not." when i asked what kind of music, he responded, "well it's country of course honey." hah, shoulda known. they're good, i immediately sent to friend, and fellow lover of country music, lindsey in texas for her thoughts. we're in agreement. we like.



11. i'm pretty ready for february. because it means we're one month closer to spring. and bearable temperatures.

and that is all. for now.

2 comments:

  1. Just come visit me already! It's summer in this hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. Garrett was freaking hot.
    3. I'm glad y'all are all roomies too!
    4. I miss going to movies with you.
    5. I want to visit Hillsong NYC.
    8. Is an infinity scarf a loop? I need one of those.
    9. MISS Y'ALL.
    10. Downloaded that song last week. Love it.

    And love you!

    ReplyDelete