- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

Confession: I read a lot of blogs.
Entertainment blogs, news blogs, friend blogs, nerdy blogs, design blogs, just-for-fun blogs.

Pioneer Woman is one of my favorite bloggers. She's known mostly for her amazing recipes (which you KNOW I don't ever try), but she's also an entertaining writer. With a witty bloggy voice and quite the "city girl to farm life" story.

Such the good story in fact that she wrote a book about it. It's called Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and I'm excited to read it!


Last week me and roommate Hannah went to see Pioneer Woman (aka Ree) at her book signing in Union Square. She's just as adorable in real life as she is when she's on the Today Show. And she speaks exactly like she writes in her blog. Or, shall I say she writes exactly how she speaks.


We wasted no time telling her that we were from Texas. And Hannah casually threw in that our apartment happened to be in this week's Time Out NY magazine. Well done friend!

Such the spontaneous and fun chilly Tuesday night in NYC!

3 comments:

  1. Yessssssss!!!!
    Best night ever. Look at Ree's cute ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE PW!!! Read her everyday and have made many of her recipes--soo yummy! and VERY jealous that you got to see her in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this book right now too and, ohmygosh, I love it so much!! And I'm going to the book signing in ATL in a few weeks too! Yay.

    ReplyDelete