- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowy Escape

Last Thursday’s SNOW DAY also happened to be the Thursday that I was scheduled to fly to Texas. I was concerned when LGA canceled all morning flights. But lucky for me, I made it out by 10pm or so. Whewww!

My way of handling the icky 4 weeks of winter we’ve had in NYC? Leave. Somewhere warmer. Somewhere where there is sunshine. Somewhere I don’t have to wear a puffy coat. Somewhere like…Texas.

Alright, I didn’t leave JUST to escape the cold. There were really important things to take care of in Texas. Important things in the form of Wedding Planning Weekend 2011 with my sister, The Bride. :)

Upon receiving a snowy park photo email from me, this email exchange happened --
From: LMJ
To: LJ
Subject: Re: Snow!!!

oh my gosh!! that is beautiful, yet problematic. : / mixed emotions.

From: LJ
To: LMJ
Subject: Re: Snow!!!

Bahaha, ohhhh Les, you've got jokes today! I'll be there. Don't worry.

Yes, I would have been a very sad girl if that silly Snow Day kept me from playing Maid of Honor with my sister. Very sad indeed.

But thankfully I made it. And it was sunny. And warm. And I didn't have to wear a coat. Or boots. I did wear sunglasses though. Oh it was such happy weekend!

Les kept me busy busy the whole time. No resting allowed. Dad says, "Are you going to be gone all day again?" Yes Daddy, we surely are. We got up early -- appointments to get to, people to talk with, ideas to discuss. We carried around notebooks and folders and threw ideas back and forth, Les was constantly saying "Ohhhh, yes! Write that down!"

My favorite part of the whole weekend was watching her try on dresses. We only went to a few shops. But I swear the girl tried on upwards of 30 different gowns. This is what happens when you go in with an open mind to all styles I guess.

And the thing is, Leslee is like a lil Barbie Doll. Nothing looks bad on her. It was like watching a life size Bride Barbie play dress up. She was just lovely in everything she put on! (yeah, that's only slightly annoying...)

She laughed hysterically when I made her try on a poofy cupcake gown. What? Totally worth trying! She laughed nervously when they put the veil in her hair. "When they put the veil on...I don't know...It just makes me feeeeeeel like a bride!" She giggled and lit up when she loved what she saw in the mirror. She was adorable.

We were ohsoproductive in our weekend-o-planning. I am proud of us.

Even so, I do wish we could spend every day talking wedding-y things and planning out the details. That's the fun part. The party! Sigh.

At least I was able to get away from this Northern snowiness for a few days. A snowy escape? Oh yes, that was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. You can't let Lil Les wear a gown shaped like a pastry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see a picture of Lil Les looking like a cake!

    ReplyDelete