- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, February 28, 2011

with love

Bethany's sister Stephanie sent me the cutest card a few weeks ago.


Turns out, Steph has these secret creative talents for making her very own stationary. She made the card AND the envelope she sent me. How cute is she?!

I loved it so very much that I thought these cutie lil cards would be the perfect way to for Les to ask her bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. We'd been throwing around different ideas for how she should ask her girls. She didn't have a lot of time, wanted to do something personal, something thoughtful and obviously something cute.

Sidenote: Perhaps this is another one of those "Texas things" but where we're from, how you ask your bridesmaids to be your bridesmaids is super important. You're asking your best friends to be a part of the biggest day of your life, importante!

Les loved the idea too! And thankfully Steph was happy to whip up some pretty purple cards with her new stamp just for the occasion. They turned out ohsoperfect! Don't you think?



I got my card in the mail on Valentine's Day. "Be Mine...on November 19th, 2011." Of course I knew she was going to ask me to be her Maid of Honor (my Christmas gifts read - To: MOH From: The Bride). True story. And let's be real, I don't fly to Texas for a long weekend after just spending 2 weeks there for just ANYONE. But it was still incredibly sweet to read what she wrote to me.

It was adorable. I might have cried. After I squealed at how cute it turned out. :)



Thank you, thank you to Steph for making such pretty cards for Lil Les! It made them even more special because they were handmade with love.


{Sorry I smudged the words on the cards. But hey, even thought it's a public blog, I gotta keep a few things private, right?}

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to blog about my cards! I sent you some happy mail today - can't wait for you to get it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee! Glad one of us Doherty sisters got our mom's crafty genes. And I totally support the smudginess... keeps some mystery around :)

    ReplyDelete