- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Unfair Influences

Here are the facts --

Lauren
I like freshly polished finger nails. I paint my nails at least once a week. (at least I'm not getting weekly manicures!) I am particularly fond of Essie nail polish and you'll never catch me with a color I can't name on my nails.

Leslee
She likes statement earrings. Lately, she's loving Austin designer Kendra Scott jewelry and typically checks the online sales every week...just in case there is something she needs.

a) We both have weekly "routines" related to the above.
b) Les bought me a great pair of purple Kendra Scott earrings for my birthday last summer. (loved them!)
c) I bought her Essie Chinchilly nail polish a few Thanksgiving's ago.
d) Les judged me for painting my nails "like every day!"
e) I judged her for "ohhhh, look at these!" every day.
f) We now live in very close quarters. And things (like the above) that we once used to gchat / text about, can now be seen / discussed in person. Natural influences, right?

So what started as perfectly innocent individual preferences, has now progressed into mutual influences.

HOWEVER. Two key facts to note...

g) Essie nail polish is $8 per bottle.
h) Kendra Scott gems are upwards of $45 PER PAIR. (when on SALE via Gilt / kendrascott.com)

Ummm...just me or does this sisterly "influence" affect me sliiiightly more negatively than my nail polish issues rubbing off on her??

After 4 months, this is our combined stash...we have problems.


And this is my most recent polish love - Cocktail Bling. From the Essie winter collection. Good, right?


Here are Leslee's latest colors (all purchased since I took the above pics...) - I support this new pretty nails habit. :)


2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I'm a huge fan of Essie Nail Polish too, and I am so flattered that you and your sister love Kendra Scott. By the way, the pieces you've chosen are absolutely fabulous too! Thanks for the love!

    xoxo,
    -Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra! Essie and your earrings are a great combo, yes? We love love love your jewelry and are ohsoexcited to have your newest store here in Dallas!

    Cheers!
    lauren

    ReplyDelete