- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

#ButWaitTheresMore

A lil more from Atlanta wedding weekend. Because one post just won't do.

As excited as I was to celebrate Jamie and Jayson, I was just as excited to spend the weekend with some of my very best friends. Bethany and Angie in particular. You know our foursome. And our (many!) adventures... SNL campout, Karaoke QueensAtlanta visits, New York weekends...

So Jamie wedding weekend was ALSO reunion weekend! And oh, it surely did not disappoint.

{side note: friends Lindsay Ann and Susan were also supposed to join our girly weekend. But those pesky summer storms in New York were not so on board with our plans. Missed y'all!}

Let's start with our first day. 

A wedding weekend twitter hashtag mission. Hilariousness.
{please note: we ultimately settled on #teaglewedding. it was just easiest.}

    I'm thinking we need a wedding weekend hash tag. Come on, clever pr/marketing people!


Angie's hunt for dressy weekend sandals. We went to Target. Target never disappoints. Do they?

LJ: "put the shoes down."
Ange: "no! gettin' 'em."
LJ: "they are almost 2 sizes too big for you! i won't allow it. no."
Ange: "i'm just gonna carry them around...just in case."

She bought 'em. Sigh.

A fashion show upon Bethany's arrival that night.
We were choosing which dresses for each of our events. "we don't trust mirrors..."


"but guys...this one has pockets..."
part of my birthday gift from B. a month late? maybe. any less awesome? definitely no. this also came with sparkle band-aids and sparkle nail polish. she knows me well.

Day 2 - Miraculously, we arrived a bit early for Bridesmaid brunching. So this mini-adventure happened. 

Checking out the Swan House. One of the most famous Atlanta landmarks? According to our valet? We're still wondering if he's heard of a lil place called Coca-Cola. Or the Georgia Aquarium...



Rehearsal-ing. More self-portraits. Naturally.


mason jar mousse. duh.
favorites.

On our A-game for wedding day.

DJ Angie. Her skills -- from Disney Princesses to Jay Z without missing a beat in our pre-wedding soundtrack. While I apparently ask tough questions. "Life talks with LJ" Sorry I'm not sorry. I need to know what's up in life. But I sing too!


because this is what we do.
neon shorts + chambray button down. unspoken uniform.
sassy? or unprepared? you choose.

Here's us after the ceremony. Smudgey eyes and all.





Allow me to present the following pre-dinner photo shoot for your enjoyment. They were practicing their "pretty faces."



They are pretty.
And we were dancing queens.



Except when Angie got a lil emotional. "Summer of '69" has been known to cause a few misty-eyed situations. No? Just Angie? "But guys. Those were the best days of our lives." HAH




And then B gave up on the 4 inch heels. They had a good run my tall, tall friend. And you are fabulous.

and oh! i cannot leave out miss emily! she shared a hotel room with us for a few nights and oh how much i love spending time with this one. she's a gem. love her.
sparklessss

"Every. Time. This is what you two do! Why can't you take a normal picture?" Angie asks, like we have an answer. We're not sure. This is just what we do. 

I found this one in my purse when I got home. Typical.

And a hotel hallway photo finish. A-game all the way to the end.




Here's the thing about these girls - we might all live in different cities and states now, but they are my people. And I don't know how to do life without them.

I am so so thankful for their friendships. They are such amazingly strong, faithful and beautiful friends. Gals that have encouraged me, supported me and loved me through lots of happiness and lots of messiness.

As for our reunion weekend - it was just perfect.

Much needed real life updates. Much much celebrating. Much more quality time than expected with our pretty Bride. Much giggling (and twirling!) And entirely too many happy tears. (We were all a mess!)

JMart, Ange, and B. I heart y'all. Ohsomuch.

Now. When is our next reunion?!?
And can it please be at Harry Potter World? 1-2-3...Go!



1 comment:

  1. sparkles and sass make the world go round. well, our world, at least. xoxoooo

    ReplyDelete