- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, August 31, 2012

Deleted Scenes {Part 10}

A conversation with the Enterprise guy
Who was giving me a ride from dropping off my rental car to pick up my lil Honda at the body shop
Dressed in jeans, sandals and a blazer
Enterprise guy: So what do you do? 
LJ: Oh I work in advertising. 
Enterprise guy: Yeah yeah, I can see that. I would have guessed advertising. Or fashion.  
LJ: Really?  
Enterprise guy: Yeah, you know...your personality and the way you dress... 
LJ: Haha, good guess. 
Enterprise guy: So where are you from? You're not from here are you?  
LJ: I am! I grew up here. I lived in New York for 5 years after college and I've been back in Texas about a year now.  
Enterprise guy: Ahhhh, see that makes more sense. Thinking LA or New York for you. You don't seem like a Dallas girl.  
LJ: Hah, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult.
Oh my.
In New York, it was very obvious I was not a born and bred New Yorker.
But in Texas, I expect to blend right in. Is it not obvious that I am a Texan?
What's a girl to do?!



No comments:

Post a Comment