- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ABCs {a baby shower for Les}

Last month we 
-- me, cousin Ashley, sis-in-law Berit -- 
hosted quite the successful ABC baby shower for Lil Les. 

{side note: can I still call my sister Lil Les after she is a mommy?!?}

It turned out so very cute and I just loved our theme! ABC everything! Ok, there were a few owls and some books too. Les is very into owls right now. We embraced it.

Some things that helped - I had all kinds of crafty things and party supplies left over from Bachelorette Party planning last September. Well-timed sister! :)



Once the theme was decided, I chose these cutie cute invitations from the fantastic Rebecca over at Etsy. Then, I got to work on some serious crafty projects. Involving stamps. And place cards. A semi-scrapbook. And a lot of tissue paper. 

{THANKS Aunt Cyndi for your Kindergarden teacher assistance...me and tissue paper were fighting by the night before the shower. Pom pom fighting.}




Most of these set-up shots are courtesy of the super talented miss Rachel Chester. She is good, she is. Thank you for your services, friend!

Ash and I both separately found these printable vintage letters on Etsy. That we strung up as an alphabet banner. I'm kind of in love with them.




 There were also letter magnets we printed. Displayed on a cookie sheet. 
And lots of books and blocks for a lil more cuteness.





Also on my crafty agenda -- A hand made book of ABCs. All were asked to decorate a letter. The finished book is so much cuter than I'd pictured. Baby Luke will love his ABCs!

















So loved throwing this shower with my cousin and sister-in-law. They are wonderful. So are our moms...who helped with all the food. I do crafts. Not food.   :)

Les is the cutest lil mommy-to-be!




Love you Lil Les! 
Happy Baby Shower! ABC Style!
Now we're just counting down the days till Baby Luke joins us. 


And juuuuust a few obligatory niece and nephew pics. 
Because I can't get enough of them!






 This is our brother. Making fun of our standard hand-on-hip pose. Hi brother. 
{He thinks he is hilarious}




3 comments:

  1. I love you! You are so amazingly crafty and creative! Come plan a party for me! I need your skills!

    {and your amazing penmanship!}

    You look beautiful~ and so do the rest of the Johnsons.

    Miss you!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!! This is amazing! Thanks for everything you do! : )

    LOVE all the pics!

    -Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Looks like it was an unforgettable Baby Shower!!! <3 it!

    Ashley Toliver

    ReplyDelete