- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, February 23, 2009

I love the Oscars

Ok, I love all things movie related. But I really love the Academy Awards and I loved them a lot more than usual this year. This year the movies were more interesting and I'd seen most of the big films up for awards. Which always makes a difference in how much you enjoy the 3+ hour show.

Top Ten 2009 Oscar Moments
10. Robert Pattinson! What are you doing at the Oscars? And why must you always behave so awkwardly? No judgement RPatz, I will love you just for looking ohsodreamy in that tux.

9. A.R. Rahman's Best Song acceptance speech. "All my life I've had the choice between hate and love. I chose love."

8. James Franco and Seth Rogen's Oscar-themed Pineapple Express clip.

7. Heath Ledger's family accepting his well-deserved Best Supporting Actor award.

6. Best Actor / Supporting Actor presentations. Having past award recepients speak to each nominee made the Big 4 presentations more personal, more real and definitely more emotional.

5. The Musical is Back! Beyonce, you. are. fab.

4. Ben Stiller's spot-on Joaquin Phoenix impersonation, hilarious!

3. The entire cast of Slumdog Millionaire. They are all so happy, so genuine and they feel like team.

2. Kate's acceptance speech. How perfect was it when her dad whistled?

1. Hugh Jackman's recession-induced opening number. He was a fantastic host. And this opening had me giggling the whole time. Great job Hugh! :)


And of course I have thoughts on best vs. worst dressed --

The Best...

Taraji P. Henson:
Best overall look for sure! She was super cute and sassy on the red carpet too, that helps!

Kate Winslet: Stunning



Anne Hathaway:
I love the sparkle and way to pull off the light color!

And the Worst...
Jessica Biel:
Ew, bad, bad. Dress, shoes, hair, bad.

Vanessa Hudgens:

This is what happens when you try too hard. Hate the siloutte, hate the flowery details, hate the fabric, just hate it. But on a positive note, I like her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment