- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Running out of Reasons

Mom: I was reading Jamie and Angie's blogs today
LJ: Oh yeah? Did you see Angie's Best Job in the World Video? It's really good!
Mom:
Yes, she did a great job. So, I was wondering why you don't have a blog...
LJ:
Hah, I don't know! I just comment on Jamie and Angie's posts and figure my life is covered.
Mom:
Well I think maybe you should start one.

I have considered blogging before, but never seriously. I mean really, what would I say? Who would read it? What if it was terrible? Who would care? If you only knew how long I spend writing and re-writing emails (yes, I'm quite the perfectionist), you would understand that keeping up with a blog would be a serious time commitment. Besides it's true, between Angie and Jamie's blogs, my New York adventures are pretty much covered!

But when I think about it, most of my friends have blogs now. They are all different of course. Some rely on photos to tell their stories, some focus on their passions - Missions, TV Shows, Food, Music - and others blog their adventures, random thoughts and general daily musings. I guess you can say that they have all influenced me to enter the blogosphere. Well, them and my Mom's comment last week.

So here I am. Trying to navigate the Blogger interface, attempting to make it look pretty, experimenting with dozens of different titles until I find one I like...

Actually, let's discuss this - the blog title. There's just something stressful about finding the words for the top of the page that best represent me. Because they aren't just any words. They are words that will become a part of my identity, express my personality, define the purpose of my blog. Should it be a simple or deep? A phrase? A quote? Song lyrics? Should it rhyme? Ugh, what if it sounds really lame? Stress!

If you really knew how much time I spent coming up with my blog name, you would undoubtedly laugh at me. Apparently titling my blog is another reason I've avoided this for so long.

And now? Now, I have officially run out of reasons not to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment