- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, April 23, 2009

happy happy happy

Today is my parent's 32nd wedding anniversary!

Yes, that's right, 32 years spent with the same person. I don't know about you, but 32 years sounds like an eternity to me. It practically is!
32 years = 1,664 weeks. 11,648 days. 279,552 hours. 16,733,120 minutes. 1,003,987,200 seconds.
Seriously, 279,552 hours? That's a ridiculous amount of time to spend with the same person. Every day, every night. I'm just sayin'...

While at this point in my life, I cannot quite fathom wanting to spend that many hours with one person, I can say that I hope to have the desire someday. I hope that I experience the kind of love that after so many hours, days and weeks together, I still struggle to sleep knowing that he's in the hospital overnight. That I still stress about the exact right birthday gift to get him. And I still worry that he forgot things when he travels by himself.

I am so very thankful that my parent's relationship has always been a picture of unfailing love. Let's face it, 32 years of marriage doesn't come without trial. Their relationship is one built on faith, trust, compromise. They are always selfless. Laugh it off. Forgive and forget.

Because after so many days, weeks, years together...this is the kind of love that truly lasts. And by their example, I've come to know the kind of love that I want for myself. The 32+ years kind.

Happy 32nd Anniversary Mom & Dad!

lots of love! <3

1 comment:

  1. Awww, love it! Happy Anniversary, Cathy and Buddy!!

    ReplyDelete