- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oh, ya know

Just your average lunch break. :)

Rolling Stone / Us Weekly Lunches. One of the most fantastic perks of my job. 2 weeks ago I visited the Rolling Stone office twice in one week. (probably against my better professional judgment, since they require being out of the office for about 2 hours)

In the past, I've been to these lunch interviews with Apolo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, Terrence Howard, Wolfe Blitzer & the CNN Crew. Rough life I have, I know.

So first up, lunch with Kris Allen and Adam Lambert! Yeah, it's true. I was in the same room as them. And 50 other people. Whatever, we still 'met.' Totally counts.



It was the Tuesday after the AI Finale, the afternoon after they performed on the Today Show. These guys were on cloud 9. They'd hardly slept since the big announcement. They were still in disbelief that AI was over and this crazy media whirl-wind was now life. They were hilarious. And well-spoken. Kris really is that humble and Adam really is that funny. And they both seem to be very nice guys and good friends. Which made for quite the entertaining lil lunch.

Check out the Rolling Stone interview when it comes out next month and because I heart these boys, here are a few highlights for your amusement --

Rolling Stone Question -- Favorite song the other sang?
Kris: Oh wow. I mean, Adam is so amazing...Most would say "Mad World", but I think I liked the Cher song he sang during Hollywood Week. I thought, 'no way is that guy going out there and singing that song.'
Adam: Hah, you thought, 'no way is that guy gay!'

the whole room erupts into laughter

KA: Man, you totally nailed it. It was awesome.
AL: I remember hearing Kris put together his arrangement for "Aint no Sunshine" I heard him from another room and thought, 'wow, what IS that?' It was amazing. Oh, and his version of "Falling Slowly." Yeah I wanted to cry after that performance.

the whole room agrees

So do I get the feeling you guys didn't really get along with Danny that well?
Gasps around the room and uncomfortable laughter from our boys.
AL: Hmmm, no that's not it. Danny's really great. He's got his own sound. And I liked Danny just fine. Maybe he didn't like me...I dunno...
KA: No no, we were fine with Danny. Were we sad to see him leave the show? Hah, not really...I mean, it's a competition!
AL: Yeah, we were totally fine with him leaving. Then we knew one of us would be the winner. Haha

The 1st single, "No Boundaries"...really, we have to talk about it.
KA: Ok, ok, No Boundaries...the recording is actually really great.
AL: It is. It's really a powerful song. I just felt like I didn't have enough time to prepare. There were a lot of words and I knew I wasn't singing it well.
KA: And it was really high. It was difficult. But Kara is very talented and I respect her.

So where do you see yourself in 10 years?
KA: Well hopefully right here man. Sitting here with you guys. Talking music. And new albums. Living the dream, you know?
AL: Hmmmm, well you know I don't want to sound too presumptuous...but ok, really? Really I want the whole deal. I want a World Tour, new albums, sold out concerts, movies, multimedia...all of it!

Awesome. That's the only word for these 2 hours of life.

And up second at the end of the week, lunch with Ms. Taylor Swift! Jamie, Bethany and I sneaked away from the office on a busy Friday afternoon because we just couldn't miss seeing her.

Taylor walked into a roomful of people and proceeded to personally say hello to everyone there. The two of us had an entire chat about the messiness of curly hair in humidity and how ours just sort of does it's own thing. C'est la vie! She was ohsocute in her new Top Shop purple pumps (I know this from her Twitter of course) and incredibly friendly.

In her interview she talked about how she dreamed up her awards show performances during class, all her new ideas for her tour and how it seems like everyone claims to be her best friend. You know, Kelly Pickler, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato...all besties of course. She was charming and funny and contagiously bubbly. Of course I knew I would love her, but leaving the lunch, I felt like we were friends!

Now I just need my new 'friend' to hook me up with tickets to her sold-out show at The Garden... :)

L.O.V.E. her.



And because I tend to keep a running score of New York vs Texas, in this round --
New York: 100, Texas: 0

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment