- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, May 3, 2010

21 Questions

Inspired by New York Mag's weekly '21 Questions' column...

Maybe one day they will interview me for real. I mean, a girl can dream, right?

Name: Lauren
Age: 25
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Occupation: Media Planner Extraordinaire

Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
Is it too cliché to say Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & the City? Because she is my favorite. No shame.

What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?
So. Many.
Little Owl? Extra Virgin? Pastis? La Masseria?

In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?
Run from meeting to meeting communicating my professional (read: always correct) opinions on media - usually with important words like synergies, integrated, cohesive - and mastering excel spreadsheets.

Sidenote: according to my sister, "You want to know what she really does at work? She talks to her friends on gchat all day!" Thanks Les.

Would you live here on a $35,000 salary?
Been there, done that. On less. Worth it.

What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?
Jersey Boys! With Mom & Dad.

Do you give money to panhandlers?
I don't.

What's your drink?
Diet Dr. Pepper! Affectionately referred to as DDP.

How often do you prepare your own meals?
Everyday.

What's your favorite medication?
Why is this a question?

What's hanging above your sofa?
A swirly iron mirror.
Caroline and I found it in Brooklyn for $5 and hauled it back to our apartment via the 4 train. Never will I ever attempt something like this again.

How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
$150. Ew.

When's bedtime?
Sometime between 11:30pm and 1:00am. Usually the latter.

Which do you prefer, the old Times Square or the new Times Square?
I didn't know the Old Times Square. But I would probably prefer it. The New Times Square is kind of a touristy disaster.

What do you think of Donald Trump?
Do I need to think something about Donald Trump? He has a lot of money? And a silly TV show?

What do you hate most about living in New York?
(1) Having to walk around in torrential downpour rain. (2) Running late, no trains, no cabs. Misery. (3) Laundry Mats. Enough said.

Who is your mortal enemy?
I don't believe that I have a mortal enemy. Do carbs count?

When's the last time you drove a car?
Hmmm, December I think. When I was in Texas for Christmas. And I didn't drive well. That's for sure.

How has the Wall Street crash affected you?
Has it?

Times , Post, or Daily News?
New York Mag, Daily Intel!

Where do you go to be alone?
The gym. With my iPod. Or running in Central Park.

What makes someone a New Yorker?
A few years, a certain degree of sassiness, more pairs of flats than heels, an affinity for weekend brunching, and when you realize you can't imagine life anywhere else!

1 comment:

  1. "Do carbs count?" Hahahahahahaha. Your certain degree of sassiness has certainly made you a bona fide New Yorker!!

    ReplyDelete