- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life is Crazy.

My life = chaos.

Ok, I know you have heard this before. But this time I don't even know where to begin. Or how to put everything into words. Sometimes I think that lists help. So lucky for you, I'm sharing the chaos that is my life here. In hopes of finding some sort of comfort in putting it all out there. I'll let you know how it goes.

1) My apartment lease is up.
We're moving. Not 'we' as in, the girls that I've lived with for the past 3-4 years of my life, are finding a new place like we did 2 years ago. No. 'We' as in, 'we' are all going our separate ways. And I'm suddenly really upset about it. More on that later.

2) I am currently homeless.
Unlike the other 2 gals in this 'we' situation, I have NO plans for relocating. I know I'm moving, I have no idea where. Am I stressy? I wasn't until this week. I guess it's the 3 week countdown I'm suddenly up against that's kicked me into gear. Or maybe that I've been too busy to really think about it until this week when I've had a lot of time to myself. While I am confident that it will work out like it always does, I'm suddenly panicking. Because. I'm. Homeless.

3) My office is moving.
Downtown to Tribeca. Starting June 1st. Great. Add a 1 hour unfamiliar crosstown commute to the madness.

4) I am in Texas for a week. And Nashville for the weekend.
For work / play. Which is really fantastic. But definitely not ideal timing since I should be in NYC trying to get my life in order. Why did I think this was a good idea?

5) I miss my sister. And my brother, sis-in-law and cutie niece. So really, I guess I miss my family.
But they are in Dallas. And I have no plans to see them soon. It's weird. I always have plans to see them soon. This is the longest I've gone ever without heading back for a visit. Usually I start to miss them in the spring and book a flight. But this year, that didn't happen. And it's weird.

So that's all I got. Chaos and procrastination. Is there an underlying reason why I haven't proactively been searching for an apartment? Because I'd say a place to live is slightly important to my day to day life. Do I feel better now that everything is documented in writing? Slightly. Am I any closer to getting through the crazy? Not really.

Oh well, it was a good try. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 16, 2010

    Sounds like it's time for you to move home

    ReplyDelete