- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Battle Wounds

So I got in a fight with my standing fan.

It started with a rattling. For awhile, a quick tap to the front knocked everything right back into place and all was well. Until it got hot of course and fan = necessity. That's when the rattling turned to scraping and clanging. Because now that I need my fan for summertime, it's decided to stop functioning. Figures.

I tried everything. Banging. Pulling. Prying. Desperately trying to take it apart and put it back together again in hopes of silencing said clanging. Because that seems logical, no? But it wouldn't budge. It's like the 'lil fan that won't be taken apart.' Grrrr.

After lots of sweating (because there was no fan!) and what felt like hours - but was really probably only 30 minutes later, I finally MacGyvered a way to make the clanging stop, the blades turn and the air cool.

Behold...


Ta-Da! Nothin' a lil stretchy hair tie can't fix! Brilliant. I know!

Ok, ok...so there were casualties. This is what happens when you combine a frustrated / hot / determined girl + scissors and the 'lil fan that won't be taken apart.' Ouch.



I mean, most people would go out and purchase a new fan and enjoy clanging-free cool air. But not me. That'd be too easy. Clearly I'm attached to this fan. Or I'm too lazy to go down to Bed, Bath & Beyond and get a new one. Or maybe it's just in my nature to fix things. Who knows.

But fix I did! Ohsoresourceful if you ask me.

That's why they pay me the big bucks. Oh, wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment