- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Flea Market Finds

I'm really excited about my latest Flea Market purchase. It's for my room. And it's pretty.

I have now lived in my new apartment at 9A for approximately 5.5 months. And I'm perfectly aware that I haven't blogged any pictures of our fantastic new space. Or my fantastic new rommates. Mostly it's because I'm a procrastinator. But also because I hadn't finished my room yet. And I couldn't possibly share pics of a partially-finished room with you!

You see, there is this one tricky wall. A really tricky wall that I just couldn't fill with anything I owned prior to moving into 9A. It's a slanted wall and it's big. High ceilings, no furniture to break it up. Tricky tricky. So I've been on a mission. For the past few months. A mission to find the perfect art for this tricky wall.

And then a few weeks ago at the 79th and Columbus Flea Market, success! Finally!




My friend Susan helped me pick out these pretty pretty decorative old tins.


My mom has something similar in her guest bedroom that she and my Grandad found at First Monday - they are the real treasure hunters in the family. But Mom's haven't been painted or mounted on wood for easy hanging. I love these because they have a distinctive antique-y charm mixed with a lil modern flair from the paint. And I really love the combination of different patterns in the tin.



They are so very "Me" and fit perfectly in my pretty new room. Promise I'll post more pictures of my whole apartment soon. But for now, here's how this tricky tricky wall turned out.


I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment