- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, April 16, 2012

Daddy's Girl

While I was in New York, my car was left with my parents for safekeeping.

Halfway through my trip, I received the following text from Dad...




I've wanted to darken the windows on my lil Accord since last summer. But I'm not so great at car things. Since Dad was so graciously offering to take care of this for me while I was gone, I was more than happy to authorize the $200 price tag and hand off the responsibility.

Upon returning home...

LJ: Dad! Thanks for taking care of my car! Am I all set with darker windows?
Daddy: No problem, it looks good. You'll like it.
Mom: Yes...and he might have spent a bit more than you authorized....
LJ: Haha, ohhhh, is that right? What's the damage Dad? Pretty sure I only authorized $200...
Daddy:  Well...I mean, they were going to use the cheap stuff and the one I picked is about 10x more heat resistant, I tried it under the heat lamp...
LJ: ...and?
Daddy: It was only $244...
LJ: Hmm, I see. Soooo...is that $44 going to be your gift to me?

HAH! Kidding, kidding. (kind of?)
I am most thankful to have these darker windows. And that I have Dad to take care of car things like this for me. 
Otherwise, who knows when I actually would have gotten around to it. I'm such a girl. No shame.




Dad also hooked me up with a new key to his house while I was gone. 



Such a good man. Who knows me well. :)

Thanks for taking care of me Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment