- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, April 13, 2012

On Returning to New York City

Let's be honest. I could easily write a million and a half words on the four days I just spent in Manhattan.

But I'll spare you and I both the time. And I'll just say it all in one single phrase -

Overwhelming happiness - like coming home, hanging on, letting go - all at once. 

And the rest I will say with photos.  :)



Oh hello New York. I have missed you!


 I also miss working with these two. 
Good to see not much has changed since I've been gone.
#professionalism


Fancy steakhouse dinner with these girls. 
Maybe we are bad at fancy.
But we are good at silly.




 And LT has new sparkle! She and Matty are getting maaaarrieeeed. :)


Obligatory "cheers-ing" photo.



Who needs cake when you can have "caketails"?



The only way for one to drink a "caketail"


Mockingjay?? In Tribeca??


A sunny New York Friday. UWS love.



Freshly pink toes...meet boots + plastic wrap. Just in cases. 
We're not awkward. Ever.



Catching up with Krista at Grey Dog. 
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. 
xoxo


 A West Village Friday night with friends. 
And hopeful Mega Millions tickets.





Smile Sam!




Chilly Saturday morning brunching at Sara Beth's.
With Mrs. Denniston! Love.


It was chilly. And misty raining. Thanks for the welcoming weather NY.

B: Weeeere you going to think about wearing boots today?
LJ: Ummm, no? Flats today!
B: Weeeeell. Maybe you might think about boots...It's 45 degrees and rainy. Did you live here?!

:)

A lil UWS stroll to Levain for a treat. 


Saturday night in Times Square. 
Maybe I even miss the crazy? Oh but I do.


So so so good. See it. It's wonderful. 


Sunday brunching at Tipsy Parson. Delightful as always.
And these girls are just the best brunch crew. 






 This was necessary. 
Kate's first outing!



Followed by a brisk walk through Central Park. 
Where we ran into Morgan...who was on a run with her boyfriend. 
Things I love about this city, always running into people I know. Quite literally.




And my last date of the weekend - catch up coffee with Lindsay Ann.


And then it was time to say good-bye! 
What a whirlwind weekend. Loved every minute of it.


And then I stood in the pouring down rain trying to hail a cab for 20 minutes.
Thanks Linds for waiting with me...good things come to those who wait for cabs in the rain with their friends.

And thanks NYC, for the reminder that some things never change. 

Until next time New York!


1 comment: