- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, November 5, 2012

The State Fair of Texas

October in Texas
State Fair season!

I went twice this year. For the first time, at night. With some friends. Who have all the good pics on their phones.

Here's one I swiped from Julie's instagram. :)



And for the first time, I rode the giant ferris wheel. 





Please excuse the blurriness. I never thought I had a thing with heights. 
But once we were suspended so high above ground in a swinging cage...
Apparently then I had a suddenly had a thing with heights. Eeeks.




During fair weekend, I also got to see Kayla for some Longhorn football watching...while her husband, brother and dad were at the fair watching the Longhorns in action. 

(or lack of action? it's been 3 weeks and I still can't talk about that awful day at the Cotton Bowl.)



Sunday back to the fair on a beautiful sunshiney day with mom and dad.



Little known fact: I love the dog show. It's so fun!



Then we found these guys and their munchkins. 
Good thing we got one last pic with Big Tex. Because in just 5 short days, he would no longer be standing. Sad.







This is dad. Catching a fish. At kid fish. Hmmmm.


And for our last stop, Blue Bell ice cream nutty bars. So so yummy. 


I love October in Texas. And the State Fair.
Until next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment