- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Monday, June 14, 2010

Deleted Scenes Part 4

Avenue of the America's, the coffee cart across the street from my office...while purchasing summertime morning standard, iced coffee...

Coffee Cart Guy: Good morning! You're new. Are you across the street?
LJ: Yes yes, I am new! Just moved into that building this week.
Coffee Cart Guy: Good good. Come by everyday. Even if you don't have any cash. Just come by and I'll give you coffee. Whatever you want.
LJ: Oh really? That's awfully nice of you. I'm sure you'll be seeing much more of me!
Coffee Cart Guy: Good good. See you tomorrow then.


The following morning...same coffee cart, same coffee cart guy...

LJ: $2.75?? For coffee and a banana??
Coffee Cart Guy: No? Too much? How much do you want to pay?
LJ: Ummm...let's see how much I have...
Coffee Cart Guy: $2.50?
LJ: Here's $2.25.
Coffee Cart Guy: Ok, ok. $2.25. You have a nice weekend, ok? See you next week.

Here in New York, we tell our coffee guys how much we'll pay for our coffee. And they know they'll see us next week.

1 comment: