- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hello 26.

Twenty-six. It doesn't quite sound as nice as 25, does it? I liked 25. Twenty-five was a good age, a good year. Filled with good things. 26 sure has a lot to live up to. And I'd say we're off to a good start, me and 26!

Last Friday Mom & Daddy sent me a lil early surprise package to work. And oh, did Mom have jokes. Here's what my birthday surprise package included --

A printed picture of Ray Ban Aviators. "Good for one trip to Sunglass Hut" she says. I've somehow talked them into buying me expensive sunglasses for my birthday. I'm not sure yet if it's going to be another sunglasses disaster or a massive sunglasses success. We all know how hard I am on sunglasses...Maybe twenty-six = better luck with keeping sunglasses in one piece / scratch-free / in my purse? Hah.


I also told Mom I wanted a super-pricey-but-ohsolovely Michele watch. Even though I knew it was much too expensive and she wouldn't buy me one. But a girl can dream right? Anyway, here's what I got --

"Mini Michele!" she writes. Oh Mom. You and your jokes. :) It's cute though, right? I can totally rock the watch ring.


If I haven't written it enough on this blog, I have amazing friends. Really really fantastically amazing friends.

Friends like new roommate Katie. Who was out of town for my bday, so left me these gorgeous roses as a surprise on Friday.


And friends like these pretty girls. Who joined me to celebrate on my actual birthday in the best way I know how! Boozy brunch. New York style.

I love brunching in New York. I love trying new brunchy spots in new neighborhoods that I don't usually visit. I especially love when drinks are all included in the brunchy pre-fixe.

This particular birthday Sunday, we did brunch in the Lower East Side at Essex. Oh my. It was delish. And...it was real hot. So don't judge us by our 95 degree + 100% humidity shininess. This is the epitome of New York summertime grossness. Like I said, good friends. Ones that brave the subway and un-airconditioned restaurants in unprecedented heat for your birthday celebrations.

New roommates Lindsay Ann and Hannah pointed out that Lower East Side staple, Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery, was right across the street from Essex. Totally necessary for post-brunch birthday treats!


And then on Monday, I walked into an office that looked like this...


Since Bethany was still in Texas for my weekend birthday brunchy celebration, she decided that decorating my office the day after was completely necessary. And birthdays just aren't birthdays without decorations.

I had lots. Pink streamers + confetti + cupcake balloon + prezel m&ms + this sign (written in scented markers of course) & magnet to announce the big day on my office door...."Life's too short to not live as a Texan...In NYC!" Italics = Bethany's additions. Fitting.

I don't know about you, but I <3 it. <3 it a lot.


And then, to top it all off, I received this cutie cutie gift in the mail from BFF Kayla in Texas.

It's an 'L' mouse pad! For my desk at work! I loveeeeeee it! A lot!!!!!! Thanks K, love you!



Cheers to 26! And everything new that it brings!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love your mom
    2. And her jokes
    3. Streamers + balloons + chocolate + silly magnets + sillier animal spongey growy things = necessary for ANY respectable 26th bday!
    4. xoxo

    ReplyDelete