- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Friday, June 18, 2010

summoned

my parents have officially demanded that i return to texas to visit.

and i really mean demanded. the conversation went something like this...

"uncle johnny and your cousins are coming to visit in july. so you can come on july 17th. i looked at plane tickets, it will cost you $300. ok?"

...and then mom put a plane ticket on hold from saturday to saturday and sent it to my email. for me to book. and buy. you'd think that since it was a mandate, they'd buy it for me, right? negative.

clearly she knows that i'm the queen of procrastination, i am her daughter after all, and i'm more likely to purchase a ticket if she finds it for me. hah!

i have no excuse for the amount of time that's passed since i've been to visit. it's not that i don't want to go see everyone in tejas. because i do! i miss them lots! i'm just...and this sounds kinda bad...but i'm just a lil busy, i have stuff all summer. stuff i don't wish to miss.

oh she doesn't care though. she's forcing me to miss 2 bachelorette parties. she says, "you can't always do everything, lauren." but i haaaaate missssssing things. i don't like to miss out! especially on beachy weekend bachelorette parties.

but since she did put the ticket on hold, i bought it.

ok ok, not right away. actually, if i'm being honest, i forgot to buy it. and the cost doubled over the weekend. then i just felt bad. lucky for me, mom is in the habit of checking flights to and from nyc regularly. this week she found a lower cost and promptly emailed it to me. so much for her and daddy buying it for me, huh?

since my presence has been demanded, to texas i shall go. in 4 short weeks.

and even though i'm going to miss lindsay's beachy bachelorette party, and it will be 100 degrees the entire time i'm there, i'm real excited to head back south for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Your cousin is DEMANDING your presence in TEXAS immediately... but four weeks is ok I guess! And I will hopefully be updating my blog that I have neglected for quite some time now!

    ReplyDelete