- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Princess Birthday

This is the Birthday Princess. Lil Miss Sloan. Presh.


Last Tuesday, April 12th was my cutie niece's 3rd birthday. I just happened to book a spontaneous trip to Texas the weekend earlier for some bday celebrating. After making the trip down for her 1st birthday, and attending her 2nd birthday via texts, pics and phone calls with Les, ohmygoodness, was I glad to be there for the 3rd!

We had dinner at Matt's, our fave TexMex joint in Lakewood. Followed by cake and presents and fun at my brother's house.


LJ: Hi pretty girl! I'm so happy to see you!
Sloan: La La, I am having a princess birthday.
LJ: Oh are you? That's my favorite kind of birthday!
Yes. This was off to a brilliant start. Princesses and Birthdays? And my fave TexMex? With my fam? Good. Very good.

Back at home, the fun begins. She's ready for her cake!

Just so much excitement!
"Cheeeeeeeeeeeseeeeeeee"


Making a Birthday Wish!


And then it was time for the presents.
"What in the world is this?!?"


Oh! Princess lipstick! I'll put this on now.


A Belle costume!


A storybook recorded just for her by Grandbuddy and Nai Nai.


Here's the pink flowery bracelet I thought she needed. Along with an assortment of other necessary pink clothing items.


Look Mom! Flowers!


Oh just laying out her new dress from Le Le with the jellies for the full effect.


Just taking a lil rest after the pressies were all opened. Holding tight to her fluffy new dog and new light-up princess wand.


There were also princess noise makers. Priceless.


But the most entertainment of the evening came with a costume change.


Belle showed up. With her light-up crown and necklace. Rings, gloves and of course a purse for her lipstick.


She was the happiest birthday princess.

"I will be Belle and you will be Gaston. Ok?"


Tell me she's not the prettiest lil 3 year old you've ever seen!


Happy happy 3rd birthday Sloanie!


And then last weekend, I received the below sassy photo from my sister-in-law.


That's one of the pretty pink dresses I gave her for her bday. And the pretty pink ballet flats I knew she'd love. Check out those sunglasses. Isn't she just soooo stylish?!

In case it's not clear, I adore her. :)


3 comments:

  1. She's amazing. What a pretty princess cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Princesses are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I can't believe how big she is!
    2. You are turning her into a twirly girl like you and B!
    3. God save us all when you have kids!

    mwah mwah love you!

    ReplyDelete