- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Deleted Scenes

A few strange things that happened yesterday. . .

announcer on the 7 train --
"Thank you for riding metro. This is Times Square. Please remember to take all your bags and belongings with you. And if this is not your final destination, just remember that happiness is always the way."

And then I burst out laughing. Looked at the lady next to me and said, "well can't say I've ever experienced that before on the subway." To which she responded, "it's a little refreshing!"

Who says New Yorkers aren't friendly?

walking home from the bus stop at 11pm --
Strange Man (after walking past me, turning around and catching up with me): Excuse me. I don't mean to scare you. My name is Jason and I think you're very attractive. I'd like to get to know you better. Would you be interested in that?

Me (blank stare, still walking):
Um, no.

Strange Man:
Ok, well you're hot. Good luck to you.


Ew. Um, who says New Yorkers aren't. . .friendly?


1 comment: