- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Sunday, November 8, 2009

Un. Be. Lievable.




I wish I could say that I had seen Taylor perform her opening monologue live last night, but sadly I can't. Because we didn't quite make it in. They only let about 27 people from the standby list in. Un. Be. Lievable.

So it was disappointing for sure. But no regrets. Because we still had a fantastic weekend. We're totally crazy for spending the night at Rock Center for tickets that may or may not get us in to a show. I mean, really, who does that?! But it was worth it and we wouldn't have done anything differently.

And if we would have gotten in, it would have been an amazing show. Or the live version that we watched at 11:30pm was anyway. (of course we had an SNL watching party after all this madness was over!) Taylor was pretty great. Her opening monologue was my favorite, but her Shakira impression was also quite hilarious.

By the time I stumbled home last night, I could barely hold my eyes open. It was a good weekend. An unbelieveably great weekend spent with some of my favorite friends. Regardless of the turnout, Mission SNL was quite the adventure.

Maybe I'll try again another time with a different host. I mean, you just never know when standby tickets could work in your favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment