- each embraces New York with the intense excitement of first love, with the fresh yes of an adventurer -


Wednesday, November 4, 2009

OMGlee!

From time to time I do get to enjoy a few perks of working in advertising in New York. And yesterday was definitely one of those days.



Lunch with the Glee cast! Well, most of them anyway.

Glee is easily my favorite new show this fall. If you haven't started watching yet, you don't know what you're missing. It's the perfect blend of musical theater, pop culture, and snarky comedy. There are too many quotable one-liners per episode to count. It's pretty much brilliant.

The whole group was quite hilarious. And pretty. And genuine. Comfortable joking around with each other and excited about their success. I'd totally be friends with them. All of them. Here are a few of the more humorous highlights for your enjoyment. . .



Colby (Finn): And I had the job about 30 minutes after I left. It was like, "Great, I got the job! I don't think I'm even legally allowed to work in this country, I don't have a Visa...but I got the job!"

Chris (Kurt): Ryan (the producer) told me I looked like I'd been in The Sound of Music. I had. I played Kurt. Then I got the call back that they wanted me for a new role that had just been written. Come to find out, the new character was written for me. And his name was Kurt. I wish they would have told me they wrote the role for me. It would have saved me from a lot of stress!



Kevin (Arty): (in response to a question about what happens when they visit malls) I'll tell you what happens...it goes like this -- "Ahhhhhhhh!!!!" "Colby! Marry me!" "Mark, you're so hot!" "Oh, there's the kid in the wheel chair..."

Lea Michele (Rachel): (in response to a question about what Matthew Morrison - aka Mr. Schue - is like)Ohhhh, triple threat! Singing, dancing, acting...and he raps now too!

Kevin (Arty): Kristen Chenoweth, obviously she's amazing. I didn't come from a theater background, I had no idea who she was. So why was I so nervous? Chris, he was nervous. He was freaking out. And his tears, there was nothing fake about his tears.

Sadly they didn't sing for us. Or give away any good spoilers for the rest of the season. But they were highly entertaining.

And we decided that we must own the Glee Soundtrack immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment